Monday, November 12, 2007

?'s

I am a person who likes questions. I'm not such a big fan of answering them, I just like asking them. I began taking my student house to a new church in January. It's College Wesleyan which is on the campus of Indiana Wesleyan University. In March the Pastor, Steve DeNeff, began a series call, "...that IS the Question." He talked about the questions that Jesus asked and the questions that the disciples asked. . Jesus asked a lot of questions. He even answered a lot of questions with more questions. Which usually led to more questions by the disciples.

When I began to ponder this, I realized how much I like to ask a lot of questions. A lot of them don't necessarily have answers, at least not readily available. Some of you who have read any of my blog my have noticed that they are pretty open ended. My purpose isn't to have or get answers. My purpose is to prod us to think about what's happening in the world around us. How does this relate to scripture? What would Jesus' reaction to this be?

The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus. Turning around, Jesus saw them following and asked, "What do you want?" They said, "Rabbi...Where are you staying?"

"Come," he replied, "and you will see.

No comments: